Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
V1.9 Updated 17/08/2023
Student Terms and Conditions
In the Student Terms and Conditions below “CPHT” refers to CPHT (SW) Ltd unless otherwise stated.
- The Course Syllabus, the Course Content including the Initial Consultation, and Module layout are protected by copyright. Students undertake not to copy the training materials except where such copying is necessary for the purposes of completing the course and/or working with clients.
- No recording during the training sessions, either by audio or video devices (smartphones etc), is permitted.
- The language patterns provided by CPHT can be used by students for training purposes during the course.
- They can only be used with clients after the course (to be read during sessions or as content for students’ relaxation audio MP3s/CDs) if a full Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH) is obtained.
- They must only be used with clients in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy therapy sessions. This can include group sessions.
- They can be made available for download by clients or potential clients for use outside of sessions but cannot be commercialised as individual MP3s to the general public.
- Permission must be obtained from CPHT if any language pattern in whole or in part is used for advertising or commercial purposes.
- Whilst in training, students must only use CPHT language patterns.
- Mention of “DSFH”, “Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy” “CPHT”, “Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training”, “SFH” and “Solution Focused Hypnotherapy” or any other reference to CPHT on any media (website, Social Media, brochures etc) for advertising or commercial purposes can only be used if a full Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH) is obtained.
- Students may promote their Marketing during training (website, Social Media etc), however they must make clear their status of “Student” on all promotional media.
- Students can only start charging for hypnotherapy sessions from Module 7 onwards.
- CPHT reserves the right to update the course content of any training course at any time and without notice should new research come to light to support learning.
- If a lecturer is unable to teach due to unforeseen circumstances, CPHT reserves the right to appoint a stand-in lecturer to maintain course continuity.
- Students are expected to adopt a positive Solution Focused approach throughout the course. They declare to have read and understood the AfSFH and NCH Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics, which they must adhere to throughout training.
- Students must take out Professional Liability Insurance before commencing hypnotherapy sessions on volunteers. This includes friends and family.
- When practising on members of the public over the age of 18, students must have all clients sign a consent form. Parents/Carers/Guardians must sign the Consent form for children under the age of 18. It is the student’s responsibility to source customers whilst on the course who will act as case studies.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances the course is unable to run on a particular date, CPHT reserves the right to reschedule the course at a later date.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances face to face training is unable to take place CPHT reserves the right to continue training via online conferencing. If this is not acceptable to a student, they will be given the choice of deferring to another school where training is face to face or deferring to a future face to face Intake.
- The awarding of the Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH) is subject to students attending all 10 Modules (120 hours), and full payment of the course.
- HPD Portfolios must be submitted within 24 months of graduation. If submitted from months 13-24, an Assessment admin fee of £150 will be charged.
- Access to the Student Area is valid for 18 months after course commencement. Access is stopped if a student discontinues the course or defers.
- Students consent to receiving Solution Focused Hypnotherapy from qualified therapists and fellow students in training.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
In the Refund and Cancellation Policy below “CPHT” refers to the specific CPHT school you are attending unless otherwise stated.
- The deposit payment of 10% secures the student’s place on the course. Students may cancel the course booking within a 14 day period of receiving confirmation of acceptance on the course and are entitled to a full refund of the deposit paid. After the 14 day period, the deposit is non-refundable.
- To cancel a course booking, students must notify CPHT by email or in writing sent by registered post, clearly stating their intention to cancel the course.
- The full remaining 90% payment becomes due before the first course module. However, where students have agreed with the school to pay in monthly installments, the outstanding balance must be paid in full before the final course module.
- Once the course is started the course fees are due in full. If due to unforeseen circumstances a student needs to cancel the course, a refund equivalent to the number of modules yet to be completed may be made on a case to case basis. Where students are paying on a monthly basis, no refunds will be considered.
- No refund will be made for non-attendance of any of the Modules once the course has commenced unless otherwise agreed.
- The CPHT school you are attending reserves the right to cancel a training course at any time, in which case CPHT will offer a choice of the following:
- Alternative dates
- A full refund for any monies paid
- A credit note
- CPHT reserves the right to remove a student from the course because of incompatibility, inappropriate behaviour or disrespect to other students or the lecturers. No refund will be made in this case unless otherwise agreed.